Your experience will start directly at your hotel, where you will climb aboard a private air-conditioned vehicle with a professional driver. You will visit a historic cellar in the very heart of Montepulciano old centre, taking a guided tour of an underground cellar, where you will encounter oak barrels of various sizes, small fountains, some authentic Etruscan tombs, various workshops and ancient wells. Of course, your experience could not be complete without tasting of famous Vino Nobile di Montepulciano.
Leaving Montepulciano you will head towards Bagno Vignoni, a charming village developed around the very special “water square”, a large pool of hot springs that were already appreciated in Roman times for their healing properties. After a brief photo stop, you will proceed to the Chianti wine area, admiring the real Tuscan atmosphere of olive groves, vineyards and rolling hills in the countryside.
You will be welcomed in a family-run winery in the very heart of Chianti Classico to see the vineyards, drying rooms, the cellars and learn something new about wine-making process, and especially about the most famous wine of the area, Chianti Classico itself. After, you will proceed with a guided wine tasting.
It is now time for a complete lunch, for those who wish to discover the pleasure of local cuisine with dishes prepared only with high-quality products that tell the story of the flavors and aromas of Tuscan tradition.
On our way back to Florence, we will visit another winery, a certified biological one, to visit the vineyards, wine cellar, and have a guided wine tasting of wine, olive oil and local biological products.
Private transfer is available from Florence.
– Pick up and drop off from your place in Florence;
– Private transportation with a private air-conditioned vehicle;
– Guided visit and wine tasting in an underground cellar in the city center of Montepulciano;
– Visit of a small village of Bagno Vignoni;
– Guided visit of 2 wineries in the Chianti Classico area and wine tasting;
– Lunch in a picturesque agriturismo in the Tuscan countryside
– Any extras, tips and personal expenses
Cancellation is free up to 5 days before departure
– Please show up 10 minutes before the indicated time at the reception, the exact time will be communicated after the final confirmation;
– The tour does not include a private guide: each visit is run directly by the producer;
– Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org in order to notify us of your accommodation in town;
– Any food allergies or intolerances should be communicated in advance.