During this full-day experience, you will be able to become familiar with some well-known Italian delicacies of the Food Valley, such as Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, the famous Parma Prosciutto, and, of course, Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena.
You will be picked up from your accommodation in the city centre of Parma. You will start this tasty tour at a Parmigiano Reggiano cheese factory to learn how the King of Cheeses is produced, following its creation step by step, from cooking the milk in the “caldere”, to the brine rooms, the aging warehouse, and the beating of the cheese shapes. After the visit, you will taste this delicious cheese, trying the different ages of cheese accompanied by typical condiments and excellent local wine.
Then continue in the direction of the prosciutto factory: here you could admire how the famous Parma Prosciutto is created by the expert hands of the artisans. Follow all the steps, from the processing of the meats, to the selection of the best quality, up to the “sugnatura” (fat coating) process, which Parma prosciutto owes its uniqueness.
Your experience could not be complete without a lunch, made of typical Emilian delights of Parma cuisine, all accompanied by excellent local wines.
Finally, tasting of the famous Balsamic Vinegar of Modena. Arriving at the vinegar factory, you will have the opportunity to observe the work done on the grapes before being converted to vinegar. Continue in the cellars and attics where, collected in barrels of different woods, you will be able to test the different aromas and flavors that the wood itself gives to balsamic vinegar, according to the various amount of years of aging (from 20 up to 100 years!).
– Roundtrip transportation from your hotel or apartment in Parma
– Professional guide
– Visit to a Parmigiano cheese factory with tastings
– Visit to a Parma ham factory with tastings
– Visit to a balsamic vinegar producer with tastings
– Tips or other personal expenses;
– Everything not mentioned in the inclusions
Cancellation is free up to 48 hours before departure
– Comfortable shoes are recommended
– We suggest you to wear a light jacket or sweater for chilly areas
– Any food allergies or intolerances should be communicated in advance.