During this full-day experience, discover the secrets of three of the most famous Italian products in the world.
Our driver will pick you up at your place in Bologna or Modena, so you could start your food and wine experience.
You will have a guided visit to a cheese factory and learn how aged Parmigiano Reggiano cheese is produced. Dive into the most authentic making of Parmigiano Reggiano PDO: from the curdling into the typical copper heaters to the salting and the final aging in the so-called wheel cathedrals, you will be a privileged witness of almost all the steps of production of this out-and-out food icon. Tasting at the end.
You will visit “Acetaia” and discover the production of the famous “black gold”, the precious traditional balsamic vinegar of Modena, which you will be able to taste at the end of your guided tour. We will have lunch in a picturesque estate situated among the gentle hills of the Modena area.
You will visit a local winery and take a guided tour of the facilities to learn about Lambrusco, a sparkling wine from northern Italy.
We will head to the picturesque hills of Langhirano, home to Prosciutto di Parma. The tour begins with a brief history of production, followed by a visit to the ‘cold zone’, where fresh meat is processed, learn how the best meat is chosen, and see the salting machinery and chilling/resting rooms. Tasting at the end.
Private transfer is available from Bologna, Modena, for other points please ask separately.
– Guided visit & tasting at a Parmigiano-Reggiano dairy;
– Guided visit & tasting at a production of Traditional Balsamic Vinegar PDO;
– Guided visit & tasting of typical red sparkling wines of the area, Lambrusco;
– Guided visit & tasting of Prosciutto Ham;
– Hotel pick-up and drop-off;
– Private transportation for the whole day
– Any extras, tips and personal expenses
Cancellation is free up to 48 hours before departure
– Please show up 10 minutes before the indicated time at the reception, the exact time will be communicated after the final confirmation;
– The tour does not include a private guide: each visit is run directly by the producer;
– Please send us an e-mail at email@example.com in order to notify us of your accommodation in town;
– Any food allergies or intolerances should be communicated in advance.