What better way to discover the Como area than with a tour involving taste and raw materials?
Discover the true essence of Lake Como through its delicious and hearty food! Meet your food-loving guide and a small group of like-minded travellers hungry and ready to explore! Your guide will walk you throughout the beautiful lake’s town, through various food shops and restaurants. You will learn the local stories and interesting anecdotes about the traditional foods.
You will make at least four stops on this tour with food tastings and drinks included. Enjoy a traditional Italian appetizer of fresh meats and cheeses accompanied by a glass of wine. Then, discover the local pizza from Lake Como, which has been made in a historic bakery for years. Your guide will then lead you to a well-known restaurant to try the “Queen of Como Food” – polenta uncia, or polenta with braised meat. This is a true delicacy from the area! Next, taste some traditional “sciat” or crunchy, cheesy pancakes. And, you can’t miss dessert! We will stop for nuvola or “cloud cake,” which is as amazing and fluffy as it sounds! End your tour how the Italians do… with a fresh coffee!
Please note, that private transfer is not included, but we may assist you to arrange a rental car with a special dedicated rate.
– Small group walking food tour
– Four stops with food tasting
– Friendly and professional local foodies
– Any extras, tips and personal expenses
– Parking costs
– Private Transfer
– Rental Car
Cancellation is free up to 48 hours before departure
– Comfortable shoes are recommended
– Please inform us of any food intolerance or allergy in advance
– Expect one serving minimum at each stop
– Please note, that it is not a private tour, other people can participate.
– Private transfer is not included in the price